John 13:15-16 If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever
Have you ever found yourself stuck in life? Maybe you had this great plan, but after time passed, you just never seemed to get to where you were headed. It could be that’s even true of your spiritual life. You’ve gone to church, tried to be a better person, and just seem to be spinning your wheels. I’ve been there.
It’s tough to be in a situation like that, when you feel like you’re doing all that you can to improve but not seeing any results. It’s infuriating, in fact. Part of the problem with our failed efforts is that we’re trying to make change on our own. It’s not possible apart from the help of the Holy Spirit.
There are seven key habits that are taught in order to improve spiritual health. These habits are not just more effort to transform ourselves; they’re daily choices we make to align what we want with what God wants. I’m going to go deeper into each of these habits over the next few days, but today I’ll just list them for you to ponder.
The 7 habits to improve our spiritual health are:
- Love Jesus more than anything else. (Mark 12:30)
- Meet with God daily. (Proverbs 8:34)
- Study and do the Word of God. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Love other people. (Mark 12:31)
- Give the best to God. (James 1:17)
- Serve others unselfishly. (Mark 10:45)
- Share the Good News about Jesus. (2 Timothy 2:2)